Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 295

Maandag, 28 Mei 2012

So, when I got to the station I knew that at least Ben would be picking me up.  And I didn't see anyone, so I did the woop.  Turns out Ben and Jenna were there :)  I rode on the back of Ben's bike, which was NOT fun because there were a lot of curbs and he kept swerving (he said it wasn't on purpose, but he was laughing too much for it to be on accident).  Got to his place where Allen and Bernardo were waiting around 1240.

Tried to do the Avengers movie night, but failed.  Watched Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2, and then they wanted to skip The Hulk to watch Thor, but everyone except me fell asleep.  Well, Allen was sleeping like the whole time, Ben and Jenna fell asleep during Iron Man 2 (but woke up for the movie change, just to fall asleep again), and Bernardo fell asleep in Thor.  We actually had a bunch more movies (they rented a lot because it was a promotion at the store), but after Thor it was like 9am or so (I can't remember), so I just turned off the TV and such and took a quick cat nap.

We woke up at 10 when Allen needed to leave, and then the rest of us left around 1030 to walk to the station. Bernardo took the bus there, so Jenna and I got the train together.  When I got to Herentals, it turns out the bus left like a minute before I got there, and there wasn't another bus for an hour.  I got mad at that, so I decided to walk home.  It was nice weather, and the exercise was nice too.  Turns out it's a little over 4.5 miles, and since I had my backpack with all my stuff from the weekend (and since I decided to go barefoot for parts), it took me like an hour and a half.  Not that bad really.  So, that means I was home like quarter before 3.

But yeah, I mentioned it to a few people (I was texting a bit on the walk), and someone I knew saw me, and they were all like "Oh my god, why didn't you get the bus/ask for a ride?!"  I mean, yeah, it's kinda long, but it's really not that bad.  It was a nice day, I don't get the big deal.  Then again, I used to do walks with friends or my brother that would take 3 or 4 hours (I think in Colorado once my brother and I were walking for like 5 or 6 hours).  Dunno, if you're not in a hurry to get to the place, why not walk?

Went online, ate, showered (which was the most amazing feeling ever after a parade + movie night + walk), and then took a nap upstairs.  The family was at the sea, so I slept until I heard them come in.  Had some tea and watched TV with Bart, and then back up to get ready for bed.  My online university class starts tomorrow (at 7am, because of the timezone difference), so I want to look over the class before I go to school.  Oh!  And Marcela said she'd buy my second camera!  It's totally a win-win: she gets a cheaper camera and card because I'm asking a lot less than the store, but the difference is worth it for having gotten good pictures in Norway.  Yay!

Speaking of, it's funny to have some Norwegian things pop up on facebook now.  Before it was mainly Dutch, French, and Spanish/Portuguese if it wasn't English, with like a little of other languages every now and then (mainly Finnish, oddly enough).  It's fun to have to translate everything.  I always make a game where I try to guess what they're saying, then I click the translate button on facebook, which translates it to Dutch (my fb is in Dutch), and then I recheck in English to make sure I'm reading the Dutch right.  It's a good exercise :P

Anyway, I should be getting to sleep, so slaapwel!

Edit:  Oh, apparently my online class was cancelled and they just didn't tell me.  The comments I have for the school right now are much too inappropriate for a blog my family and rotary reads, so I'll just leave it as, really?  f7u12

No comments:

Post a Comment