Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 100!

Maandag, 14 December 2011

Wow, 100 days already.  As they say, time really does fly.  I've got what, like 270 days left?  Even less if I can't get my new ticket to work out.  More than 25% of my exchange is over - this is ridiculous!  Just going to do my normal post first, and then going onto my rambling.  :P

Got to wake up later since we had Dutch classes, so that was pretty fantastic.  Found the school after only getting lost a bit (and considering we didn't know the name of the school, the street, or really anything, I think we did pretty well).  Yuwa, another exchange student in our school from Japan, is in our class as well!  Yay!  But it was really fun.  915-12, so we should learn pretty quick.  There are a lot of immigrants in the class (obviously), but they're all a lot of fun and great to talk to.

Ate out with Marcela for lunch to celebrate the 100 days (and we both didn't have a lunch packed), so that was fun.  Had a period in the library, a music theory class (aka, I got my classmates yelled at for talking to me), and then Latin.  Home, read a little bit, had dinner, and then played some video games.  Started a file on Ocarina of Time, and played some FFIX, so it was a pretty fantastic night.  Watched the end of "The Green Mile" with Marcela, Patrick and Siemen, and then it was time for bed.

Oh, this song basically sums up exchange for me. Give it a listen.

Okay, rambling time.  I've been trying to draft this post for a while, but it isn't really easy.  What is there to say?  I still suck at Dutch, but hopefully my new Dutch lessons will help quickly - I'm hoping to talk mostly/all Dutch with my second family.  I'm learning a lot about myself as well - how I cope with things, what I care about and what I'm fine without.  I'm also experiencing a new culture and completely broadening my view of the world.

On this day last year, I was at RCR rehearsal, and two days later I was inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa chapter (Alpha Delta Alpha) at my community college.  It's weird to think about - last year RCR and PTK were basically the biggest parts of my life, and now I'm not a part of them anymore (at least for this year).  It's funny how things change.  Even after only one year in PTK, which was in my home city and culture I'm used to, I was completely changed.  I can't wait to see how much one year of exchange changes me in both the short and the long run.

At PTK International with most of the board

RCR Cymbals at MPA Finals 2011
But really, I don't know what else to say.  I've changed in countless ways - some ways I've noticed, and I'm sure in ways I haven't noticed as well.  Maybe in another hundred days I'll be able to more coherently talk about everything, but for now, I'll just leave it like this.  I guess if there's any questions you'd want me to answer (things I miss, things I like here, etc), just comment and I'll get to it - I'm pretty terrible at thinking of things like that on my own.  :P

Anyway, here's to the next 100 days!  I hope they can be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment